Chicken and Sausage Stir Fry
Tonight I was procrastinating making dinner, so I waited, and waited, and waited, and snacked, and waited, and waited. But! Finally, I decided to go to the grocery store, get some local produce, and make a stir fry, and boy did it turn out good!
- To start off, I chopped my chicken and sausage into bite sized chunks, and put them into the pan to start frying with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Next I added a bunch of spices, my favorites are sesame seeds, tarragon, hot curry powder, chilies (stuff like they have at boston pizza in the shakers)
- Started the frying pan with sliced onions and garlic with some more extra virgin olive oil
- Started my rice, which is white basmati which I match the rice to water ratio(1/3 cup), plus a little more water and bring that to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes
- while this is going on, I chopped some : 1/2 green pepper, 1 carrot, 2 large mushrooms, 1 tomato, and 2/3 cup of brocolli into little bits
- after frying the meat, and its looking almost done, no more red parts, I add all the vegetables and put a top onto the dish to let it kind of steam.
- after steaming for a few minutes, I put in the onions and garlic that were frying (they should be brownish by now)
- let this simmer for a little, and voila! presto! yum. full belly.
I serve it on top of the rice and a glass of red fits the bill!
For some more great ideas check out this health website
Hope you enjoy, let me know if you’ve tried it!
Filed under: cooking, health, Inspiration |
Tags: chicken, cooking, dinner, healthy, home, meals, rice, sausage, stir fry, supper